Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Already - Where Does The Time Go?

Advent -- a time of preparation for the birth of the Christ Child on Christmas. I am thankful for many parts of this season, though not the feeling of stress that frequently accompanies it. I am trying this year not to allow stress to invade the preparations.

I'm discovering, as I mention what I am thankful for several days during the week, that it is often related to the weather. I am surely thankful for more than weather-related things, but it is frequently weather that I mention first. I suppose that is reasonable, since it often affects how I arrange my day -- what I wear, whether I walk, ride the bike, or drive to work. It also sometimes affects my mood. I always feel better on a sunny day than I do on a dark & dreary day. At least on a dreary day I have to work harder at being positive. But I am thankful for my life, even on a dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment