Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Good news, Bad news, Good news

I had two things on my list for today.

 1) call 529 NY Saves to straighten out my on-line account.  After getting a message to log in, I was unable to do so due to a "password" problem, even though I signed in a week or so ago. The message said I was "locked out" & I would have to call. I was planning to call them realizing I might be on the phone a while.

2) Work on my NY/HELP annual report for the NY Conference.

Second things first.  I worked on finishing the annual report, read it over again & made a few small changes.  Then I printed it out to see how it looked & then sent it to the NY Conference.  It is due by Friday, so I am under the wire.  Good News!

Then I looked & found another email from 529 saying "Account Confirmation Available" and suggesting I sign in.  When I tried to do so, it again said my password was wrong and I would have to call.  Bad News.

Okay, I called, and actually got an answer fairly quickly.  After a couple of moments, it seemed my Long-in name had changed & the agent read me the current log-in.  I didn't remember changing it, but I tried, but still didn't get in.  She sent me a temp password, which I worked on changing.  After trying my previous (though new) password & being told I had to actually CHANGE the password, I edited it.  Then, it took me a couple tries to get it typed correctly twice.  Now, however, all is good!
Good News.

Okay, one more thing for my list today.  3) Work on finishing editing the next newsletter for NY/HELP and sending it to NY Conference for them to send out using their mass e-mail list.  I might not get it finished today, as I am putting together 3 reports plus adding pictures that were taken on the trip in March; but it will be ready before the end of the week.

Now I feel more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment