Monday, November 9, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving

It's not Thanksgiving yet, but I don't want to wait until that day to think about what I'm thankful for. So, I think I'll post something every day or so this month.

I'm thankful for a good summer.

I'm thankful Gordon's trip to Honduras in August was relatively uneventful, and successful. After the coup in June, it made us a bit nervous & we wondered for a while whether the trip would happen. Thankfully, it did & thankfully all who were on it were safe.

I'm extremely thankful for a wonderful trip to Scotland with Kim. It was fun seeing places I'd only heard about, but not seen or experienced. It was also fun traveling with Kim & getting to know her better. (You'd think I'd know my own daughter, but there's always something new to learn & it was fun doing so)

I'm thankful for a retreat/meeting in the Adirondacks on a weekend in October (beautiful colors) that also gave us the opportunity to continue on to Lebanon and see Barb, Dan, Maggie & Ella. It was a short, but sweet visit.

I'm thankful for what might have been the last warm sunny weekend before the weather stays cool & cold for the rest of the year. Today the high is to be 70 & it's really nice out. Then tomorrow it will get only into the 50s. So I'm thankful for the weekend, and also for today -- a nice day to walk to work & enjoy the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment