Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The First Flowers!

This morning as I left for Curves, I found 2 early daffodils in the garden. The taller of the two was more than a bud, but not quite out full yet; the shorter one was in full bloom -- guess it just couldn't wait! Calling for rain today, but just misting this morning which probably hastened their blooming. Spring is here & finally the weather is starting to catch up with it.

This Saturday Beaver Meadow is celebrating Earth Day. They will have doings all day -- teaching about solar power and alternative energy technologies, a drop-off site for electronics recycling, nature walks and much more. For everyone who shows up on a bicycle they will provide lunch & half off the entrance fee. I work at the library until 2, but would like to do this, though due to time (they're open 10-4) I would have to do as they advised me & park the car at Java Center Post Office & ride from there. Perhaps we can do this. Gordon is on call, but if he's back by 2 he could pick me up at the library & drive me out to Java in time for me to ride from there. Then if got another call, I could ride home. The main obstacle is that my bike hasn't seen the light of day yet & needs oiling and tires blown up. Oh, and it's supposed to rain on Sat, but that "shouldn't" stand in the way. We'll have to see how it work out. Anyway, it's a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment