Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Enjoying the Buffalo Philharmonic

The BPO is streaming a concert that was recorded last October.  This is a gift due to the Coronavirus I think.  I must admit it is nice to hear it on my phone.  Made doing the dishes much more pleasant!

I was just thinking about my day today.  I took a half-hour walk after I put the payment for the tax preparer in the mailbox.  That was pleasant.  It was a bit chilly, but not raining or anything.  I was listening to the radio as I walked.

I had made a list of things I wanted to get done today, most of which I actually accomplished.  Tomorrow I want to take care of getting back online with the 529 accounts, which means going through getting a new password & making sure my accounts all sync, etc.  Then I should take some time to call my portion of our church's membership list to just check-in and see how everyone is doing.

Today I tried out going to Tops for groceries during their "senior only" time in the early morning.  There were more people there than the last time I went later in the day.  The main difference was they were all seniors and many were wearing masks.  Maybe I should do that next time also.  Everyone was friendly.  In fact, I have found most people to be friendly -- A small truck with a front-loader on it went by while I was walking & the driver waved.  I couldn't see in the window well enough to know if it was someone I know, but I've found many cars going by often wave -- not so much on Main St, but on side streets.  And people just out for a walk wave.

   I took an 8" x 10" picture of Gordon to Dr. Lori Hudzinski today at the Medical Center.  She had asked me to drop it off.  They are going to use it in Bertrand Chaffee Hospital on the wall of pictures of doctors who had at least 25 years of service to the hospital and have retired.  This picture is one of him in front of his charts from a few years ago, & he's not wearing a suit coat, but then he didn't usually.  It's a nice one & Lori said it was one of her favorites.

It is beginning to look like Spring, though it has a ways to go. Things are starting to come up, but this is as far as the daffodils have gotten.  The rhubarb is starting to show itself, though.


It's interesting -- Since we have been told to practice social distancing and not go out except for walking (6 ft from anyone else) or groceries, I have been getting more walking exercise than previously.  That has to be a good thing.

Another month (at least) of social distancing & then they will re-evaluate the situation with the coronavirus to see if we need even more.  If it helps to keep people from being infected with it & possibly dying, I'm more than willing to continue staying away from folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment