Monday, March 23, 2020

Good Deed for the Day

This morning I got stamps at the Post Office because I plan to be sending out some cards to various people.
Then I went to the Verizon store (ex-Radio Shack) to talk to them about Margaret's getting a DVD player.  They asked if I was going to help her set it up & I said I really hadn't looked at her TV & don't know if she has the proper cords, though he said she probably did.  She had been told they would deliver it.  Josh said he could deliver it in the afternoon.  I told him I had made a mask for her to wear while he was there (after prompting from Kim and a video "how-to" sent by Geoff.  That made Josh feel better.  I also offered him some of the "duck-bill" masks I have at home that Gordon had been using.  I have most of a box left.  He said that would be wonderful & said he could probably use about 5.  So, I got my groceries at Tops, went home, put them away, put 6 or more duck-bill masks in separate baggies, then went to Margaret's with hers.  She said she had gotten a call from Josh saying he would be out to bring her DVD. She was thrilled that I would do that for her.
Hopefully, it all goes well when she gets her new DVD player later today.

The whole episode gave me a really good feeling.  I didn't get very close to anyone, but was still able to do a good deed.

Makes the whole day feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment