Sunday, March 22, 2020

Has it Been only Seven Days?

Somehow it seems much longer than 7 days since it was announced we should meet in no more than groups of 50, quickly changed to 10, and all discretionary travel should be suspended.

On that Monday afternoon, I was on my home from spending the weekend in Lebanon CT to see the High School play Maggie, my oldest granddaughter, was running the lighting board for.  She had also designed the poster & program for it.  The musical, Little Shop of Horrors, was due to be performed the following weekend; however, the school quickly moved it up a week fearing (correctly) the school would be closed by then.

I had a great weekend with the 4 Kings and got to see the musical, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was good to be there for the musical and to join them in celebrating Dan (March 17), Barb(March 20) & Ella's(March 26) birthdays.  We also had an afternoon hike in the woods which gave us all, including their dog Natalie, a good amount of exercise.

Now New York, CT, and several other states are under orders to refrain from congregating.  Businesses, except for essential services, are closed.  Restaurants can serve meals, but only take-out. People over 70, or those with underlying medical conditions, are advised to stay indoors and not congregate with others. Churches are closed and learning how to do services via Facebook or other electronic means.  We are learning new things.  I'm sure we will be learning more new things in the future.

I have been trying to get in a walk of reasonable length each day. It's not hard for me to find places to walk where I don't encounter other people.  I am listening to a book while I walk, which works well when I walk in the cemetery, not quite as well well when I'm on Main St as trucks are noisy & keep me from hearing the book.  I hope to continue a daily walk, weather permitting.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment