Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Need to Organize

Today was my day off from the library. I was at Gordon's office this morning, paying some bills, checking on others. Why won't the company apply a credit to our account which amounts to more than the bills they sent along with the credit memo & saying they were overdue? When I called them they said the couldn't apply the credit until I told them to -- I DID. Even with the bills, we still have over $15 credit, so now I'll have to inform them AGAIN to apply this credit to the bill? Seems silly to me. Why wouldn't I want the credit applied to the amount owed?

I made bread this afternoon and bought flour so I'll be able to make more. I also bought myself 2 ears of corn for dinner. Yum. I got more plums so I can make jam. I had cut up 4 cups, but need six. Now I'll have enough. Maybe I'll make the jam this weekend. Peaches will make good fruit for lunch -- or for cereal.

I need to do some filing. I have receipts and haven't lost them, but they need to be in the files & not sitting in a pile on TOP of the filing cabinet. I promise I'll get to it before Gordon gets home from Honduras.

I did look up B&Bs in Edinburgh. I listed those that are reasonable in price, relatively close to the Edinburgh castle area, and seem interesting. I checked them all on Google Maps and was able to get a "street-side" view of them as well. We just have to decide which one looks good & inquire about getting a reservation. They're not like hotels, where there are lots of rooms. Some of these have as few as 3 rooms, so we may have to try more than one place.

I check the news from Honduras every day, just to see how the political situation is doing. It seems to be both somewhat stable (not violently flaring up every day) and also not settled at all. Constitutional questions are being raised about how the coup was carried out by International Observation Mission for the Human Rights Situation in Honduras. http://upsidedownworld.org/main/content/view/2040/68/ I wonder how this is all going to get resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment