Monday, August 10, 2009

A Very Noisy and Wild 'n Wet Night!

Starting yesterday afternoon we had off-and-on storms of varying intensity. I fed & walked Casper a bit early to be sure I'd hit a dry spot. He has spent half the afternoon inside as it got very dark, rumbly and stormy. When it cleared up I did get to the store & post office (picked up the accumulated mail for the office) & was able to put Casper out again.

Just before I went to bed, it started again & rained very very hard (& very very noisy) for a while. There were several ambulance & fire calls over night. There was one flooded basement farther down Park St. Ours was fine, thank goodness.

This morning several communities were without power and Springville was in a state of emergency -- downed trees I think. There was a report of a possible tornado in Rushford, to be confirmed today. We did not lose power here -- just some sleep I think.

Today several counties are under a flood watch. I noticed when walking Casper this morning that Cemetery Creek was running fast with lots of muddy water.

No comments:

Post a Comment