Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thoughts While Walking Casper

I decided to feed & walk Casper a bit early tonight, to get ahead of the large rain cloud that the weather radar is showing. It was raining gently, mostly pleasantly while we walked.

When I walk Casper, especially in the evening, I think of Gordon. We usually walk him together (that is, he walks him & I go along) and get to spend some time together and talk. Even if, after the walk, Gordon has to go back to the office to finish charts, or to the hospital to admit a patient, still there is this time when we walk the dog and get to talk. I do miss that when he's away in Honduras. It's not that I'm not in favor of his trip to Honduras, I definitely am. But that doesn't mean I don't miss him - not only at dog-walking time, either, but often.

No comments:

Post a Comment