Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Weeks Without Gordon is Definitely Too Long

I know a two week trip is best for the mission. Much more can get done and it takes a day or more to actually get supplies & get to the village & then there's at least two days at the end for coming down from the mountains and having a bit of R&R before the flight back. I agree with all that. Been there, done that, & understand those time frames. But, two weeks is still too long from my point of view when I'm not on the trip.

The first week I did fine. I was busy & had things to do & catch up on. There are still a few things to catch up on. But this week is beginning to be difficult. I've already spent more time at the medical office than usual and I'll be going in tomorrow morning before heading to the library. "Stuff" that needs taking care of, that Gordon would do if here were here. I'm not really complaining, it's just harder, that's all.

Then there's the weather. Today was another day of partly okay and partly downpours (as well as hot & muggy) & I think tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. Wed it's not supposed to rain I think. That's good, because I want to hang out a laundry. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment