Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Afternoon of Baking

I'm not sure why, but while I was mixing up, kneading, raising & baking bread today, the phone rang several times and someone came to the door. Some Wednesday afternoons are very quiet, whether or not I am making bread, but not today. I hope it comes out all right. It looks like it's overproofed a bit. It's a new recipe, makes 3, rather than 2, loaves & I'm working on getting it right. It tastes good anyway, but I really want it to LOOK good too. Silly me.

I also cut the first rhubarb of the season & made some strawberry rhubarb compote. Yum!

Had I realized it was not going to rain today, as was predicted yesterday, I would have done a wash & hung it out this morning, instead of doing it this afternoon & having to use the dryer. On the other hand, then it would have been out when the men came to clean out our gutters. That would not have been a pretty sight! So, I guess things turned out for the best. That's always good & you can never tell except by looking back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment