Thursday, May 14, 2009

Not a biking day

Today I wimped out & decided not to bike to work. This morning was windy & rainy with predictions of more of the same -- storms & high winds were predicted. So I decided I'd drive instead. It did rain & wind off & on until late afternoon, sometimes pretty hard rain and strong wind. Now, of course, it's sunny and nearly 70ยบ when the prediction had been only high 50s or maybe 60.

If I'm really organized tomorrow maybe I can park the car at home after being at Gordon's office in the morning & ride my bike to the library. That will be if we've decided we don't need me to pick up take-out boxes of the church's German Dinner tomorrow. We'd really rather eat in than take out, but it usually depends on when Gordon can leave the office. We'll play it by ear.

I can't wait until the weather is reliable enough for us to plan our garden. I have basil, mustard, lettuce & tomatoes sprouting in containers in the house. I don't think lettuce does well transplanted, but it's fine with me to grow some inside & some outside. I still have to turn the garden over again & work harder on getting last year's weeds out of it before planting. I want the soil to at least start out without weeds!

Our "green mommies" are coming to clean Saturday morning & for the first time it's a Saturday when I'm not scheduled to work. That means I'll have to find someplace to be for a few hours while they clean. That shouldn't be too hard. If I find I don't have any errands to run that will take that long, I can always go to the library and read or work on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment