Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Sunny Tuesday

As was yesterday, today is sunny, which fools one into thinking it's warm as well. Yesterday there was a frost and it was about 33º or 34º Fortunately, there was no wind, so it didn't feel quite that cold. This morning it was in the upper 30s and didn't frost here.

Today is a bicycle day for me. Mon, Wed & Fri I generally don't ride the bike to the library as I first go to Curves, then the bank, the post office and then Gordon's medical office before heading to the library. Between the distance, and the timing, it would be much harder to go on the bike. I would have less time to be at the medical office. So, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the Saturdays I work at the library I try to ride. Yesterday I did bring the car home between office & library and walked. It's really faster to ride the bike than walk, but walking is good too.

Today I'm starting to record Spanish I tapes to help our newest NY/HELPer who doesn't have Spanish. We will be meeting on Sunday & I'm hoping to have a CD of at least the first 10 lessons or more which I hope will help her out. Pimsleur has a very good Spanish program based on listen and repeat with minimal English in the lesson. It doesn't worry about parts of speach or grammar as such, but tries to teach language as we first learned it -- by listening and then speaking.

I am finding that the last lingering pain from what seems to be a tight tendon is nearly gone. This started (on the good side) as I recovered from my broken pelvis and probably is due to compensation. But now it's nearly gone, which is great. Riding the bike (or even the exercise bike) helps a lot. Just walking around helps too.

I am determined that today will be a good day. Yesterday at the library was a bit "strange" as people came in with strange questions, too many $20 bills to pay very small fines, in the evening jumped from computer to computer. One boy lost his library card (dropped under the computer he was using); another lost his cell phone & when we tried calling it he gave us the wrong number! It was just a strange day. Today is bright and sunny and I'm determined it will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment