Thursday, May 14, 2009

A late evening I guess

It seems Gordon has three patients to admit to the hospital tonight. Plus one he admitted earlier in the day (but the work has been one on that one). I offered to accompany him to the hospital, and was warned it may be a very late night. It takes about an hour to admit a patient.

So I rushed to get a simple supper & have already washed the dishes associated with the making. I also made the sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch, and wrote a check and deposit that I will take care of in the morning. While he walks Casper I will set up the coffee maker. I want to have everything ready, so when we get back there won't be anything hanging that has to be done tonight. But he will have to go back to his office to complete a couple of charts and go through today's mail. He can't leave charts for morning or run the risk of 1) not remembering important details that should be in it from the patient's visit and 2) be so pushed for time in the morning that he starts the day already way behind. So, it'll be a late night.

I like going with him when I can. We get to talk a bit on the way over and the way back -- a little "visiting time" that we don't always get. Also, I just think when you're driving late at night & tired, it's not bad to have someone else with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment