Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday and a Full Moon

Even if people weren't acting the way they were this week, I'd know it was a full moon. In the middle of the night the moon was shining brightly in our bedroom window. It comes in the window that looks out over our garden & driveway, so it doesn't fall on our bed, but does light up the window.

It was a surprisingly nice and sunny morning, warmer than I expected it to be, which is a good thing. Now, in mid afternoon it's starting to get cloudy & perhaps we'll get the rain that was predicted, but it's been up to 70ยบ so I have no complaints.

This week there have been a lot of books going out for inter-library loan, or coming in from other libraries for our patrons, so I've had a good look at all sorts of books. When I find one I just want to sit & read, I put it on hold for myself or put it on my "wish list" for later. I do wish I either had more time to read, or read faster. Oh well, I read what I can.

The Friends of the Library are having their annual basket auction tomorrow & there have been some beautiful baskets come in. I plan to get out there briefly and ask someone to watch my tickets for me in case I win anything. I have won some nice baskets some years, and other years it's strictly a donation to a good cause. Either way is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment