Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Today was not rainy as originally predicted, so riding my bike to work was a very pleasant thing to do. My pannier generally has my rain pants in it just in case it rains before I get back home.

It was a busy, and somewhat strange, day at the library. We keep thinking it's because the full moon is coming that people act the way they do. Whatever the reason, it does keep life interesting, which has to be a good thing.

I find it bothers me a bit that people seem to be so worried about my riding my bike. I am doing fine, have no trouble with my balance, or any other ill effects from my accident on black ice in November. In fact, biking helps my good leg, which has been just a bit stiff (over compensation?). People are always admonishing me to be careful riding. That's good advice, and I'm glad they care, but it's said in a way that leaves me thinking they doubt my ability to ride my bike safely.

I'm glad Spring is coming along nicely. The leaves are almost all the way out now. Also the lettuce & basil I planted in pots in the house have started to come up. Today I started some tomatoes I bought. It's a package of pre-planted seeds that need watering & caring for until they are large enough to transplant. I haven't done tomato seeds for a while, so we'll see how this works.

Since I don't seem to have the time to read my Bible lesson before Wed evening's Bible Study, I brought home the Bible on tape & am listening to the book of Exodus. We are doing a chapter each week.

All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment