Monday, July 2, 2018

Still a Heat Wave

This morning we bought some small flowers for the barrels in front of our house.  What we had planted there never came up, so it was. time.  We also stopped to see about getting strawberries, but all they have now is the U-Pick & we didn't have the time & weren't dressed for it -- had, bug spray, etc.  Hopefully tomorrow morning -- more prepared.

Tomorrow I will make more inroads into "GG's Retirement Book my wonderful daughters & families sent me.  Lots of possibilities & I've already started writing in it.

This afternoon there was a fast-moving thunderstorm that ran through.  While it was around, I spent an hour cleaning out my sock/underwear drawer -- and enjoying it!  I found things I hadn't seen for a while & thought were lost.  I also weeded out a large bag full of items that were either too worn or too small.  In any case, I have lots more room now & know where everything is!  I just never seemed to find the time before so I was very pleased with myself.

After supper, I'm looking forward to a root beer float at the caboose!  The storm only cooled it off for a very short time.  Gordon can have one too since all the vanilla ice cream served at the caboose is lactose-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment