Thursday, July 5, 2018

Strawberry Pie and Jam

Later Tuesday, I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie for dinner.  First one this year.  Yum.  We also went to Tops for things we needed (& because "senior citizens" get 6% off on the first Tuesday of the month!).

July 4th we did not do a whole lot.  Put the flag up of course.  I processed & froze two of the quarts of strawberries. The others will be for jam.

I found a new recipe for potato salad in a book I had out of the library.  I usually make my mother's recipe, which I can do out of my head, but this sounded good & it looked easy.  It's Creamy Dill Potato Salad.  I'll include the recipe later.

Today I made a batch of strawberry-rhubarb jam & would have made a batch of strawberry jam, except it was just too hot for me to want to be in the kitchen that long.  I did process the berries & put them in the fridge waiting for tomorrow morning.  I also made a broccoli salad.  Between that, the potato salad & a leftover bean salad, I didn't have to do much to fix dinner.  Great for a hot day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler & less humid.  Maybe I'll have more energy for doing things, rather than taking it easy.  I did,. however, finish the library book I was reading & started on the one the Book Club is going to be talking about later this month.

Now for a British mystery movie & then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment