Monday, July 23, 2018

Trying a New Bread Recipe

This afternoon I decided to try a bread recipe I have had for a while, but I don't think I have ever made it.  It's called Maple Wheat Bread and it makes 3 loaves.  It uses ½cup of maple syrup in it.  Sure smelled good baking!  I have been having a bit of trouble with my bread not turning out as tall as it used to. It rises, but then during the baking process, it seems to go down a bit.  I don't know if my yeast is old, or I need to adjust the rising time, or what.  It doesn't affect the taste, however!

Sunday in church our Coffee Hour is Toast Sunday, since it's the fifth Sunday of the month.  I'll take one of these, and a Buttermilk Bread I made and some jam. 

Tomorrow I plan to make another batch of Bluebarb Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment