Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Today was for Finances

We had a  phone meeting with our financial planner today & will be having them more often now that we are retired I think.  This was to see where we are and plan for the future, starting with the rest of this year.  We were reasonably pleased with the evaluation and seem to be doing okay.  The next thing was to get our checkbook reconciled.  That hadn't been done in a while & Gordon successfully did it, with the help of Quicken.

I got everything together to make another batch of Bluebarb Jam but decided to put it off until tomorrow & instead took a bit of time to sit & read a library book.  It's supposed to rain all or most of tomorrow, so that will be a good time to make jam.

I received an early anniversary present today.  We had ordered a new watch for me, as my present one started acting "funny."  It wasn't just a battery problem, as it still ran, most of the time, but just didn't keep good time & stopped altogether now & then.  So, Gordon got me a watch that doesn't need a battery.  It's a Citizen Eco-Drive.  It has a rechargeable battery that is charged by exposure to light -- sunlight or fluorescent (or perhaps other light).  We do have to either get the band adjusted or get a new band, which we will try to do tomorrow.  Other than that, I am thrilled with it.  It has what I like in a watch -- real numbers, instead of dots and a second hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment